I wore pants today! Huzzah! Why am I using exclamation marks?! Because it was a brisk 25 degrees celsius today! And I may have had too much sugar!At any rate, it brings me to a topic I swore to myself I would not talk about to others, either in person, on the phone, or via the interweb, yet am seemingly obsessed with - and talking to everyone about - the weather.
It's hot y'all.
Really hot...and humid...relentlessly hot and humid. Sticky is the right word. My poor pasty Canadian body is having a hard time adapting. I wear hats constantly, and have resigned myself to being sweaty until I get home in December.
Everyone who lives here is telling me that this has been an unseasonably cool summer/early fall. Gah.
There are days when I am immobilized by the heat. I have a bike, but can't ride it sometimes because it is too hot. Relief is coming, I'm told. It plummets down to the low 20s in late October.
Did I mention I live in the attic? The non-insulated, un-air conditioned attic? There is some humour I'm sure in the lone Canadian on campus living in one of the hottest places on campus, but I'm having trouble seeing it through the mist.

No comments:
Post a Comment